From eating to exercising, a tutorial on how to cheer up.
- Distract yourself - Distraction almost always works. Find something to do and keep busy to take your mind off your worries. If possible do something productive so that you will also feel satisfaction at having accomplished something. If you are stressed out though distract yourself with something more leisurely like a funny movie or a going to the park and playing ball with friends.
- Eat - Certain foods help you calm down, however they can also make you fat. Do indulge yourself with a little ice cream or a chocolate bar every now and then but don’t make it a habit.
- Exercise - Exercise has been proven to raise a person’s endorphins. Cheer yourself up the healthy way and take a walk or go for a swim.
- Talk it out - Sometimes all you need is to be able to vent out to rid yourself of negative emotions. Call or meet up with a friend who you know is a good listener and pour out your troubles. Afterwards distract yourself and try to have a fun day together.
- Smile - Even if you don’t feel like it condition force yourself to smile to people you pass by. You might be surprised how smiling can make you feel better eventually, especially when someone smiles back.